Fianzas Atlas was established in 1936, being the Oldest Surety Bond Company in Mexico, and the only one whose shareholders are direct descendants of the founder.
Fianzas Atlas has been always characterized by its technical underwriting, based on the quality and capacity of their clients in the technical, financial and moral solvency aspects, being very selective in the assumed business.
Fianzas Atlas is rated mx AA+ by Standard & Poor’s, and maintains an excellent relationships with the most important surety companies and reinsurers in the world. It’s internationally recognized as a key player in Mexico for bond structuring in large projects. It´s International division has been operating since 1972, with great success.
The company operates all surety lines, and maintains an active participation in the world’s main surety associations like ICISA, PASA and the SFAA.
On October 23rd Fianzas Atlas was authorized by the Mexican Insurance Commissioner to start operating as a “Seguro de Caución” company, maintaining its traditional surety bond operations. Since November 16th 2018 changed its name from Fianzas Atlas S.A., to Fianzas y Cauciones Atlas, S.A.
Some of the principal characteristics of the new Seguro de Caución product in Mexico, are:
• According to the regulation, is considered a Property and Casualty (P&C) insurance product.
• It operates under the concept of an indenmnizatory principle, by paying for damages or penalties incurred.
• Operates as P&C insurance product in terms of accounting, loss register, reserves and solvency requirements.
• It has different procedures in case of loss, in comparison with a traditional bond.
• The institution is authorized to proceed with the payment of the loss without prior notification to the Principal.
• Loss should be paid in 30 days period, once presented the documentation established in the Certificate.
• No recovery guarantee required for issuing.
• The institution cannot replaced the Principal in the performance of the obligation
Board of Directors
Mr. Rolando Vega Saenz – Chairman of the Board
Mr. Jorge Orozco Lainé – Executive Board Delegate
Mr. Gerardo Sánchez Barrio – CEO
Ms. Lídice Vázquez Chavolla – International Division Coordinator
Paseo de los Tamarindos 60, 3er piso,
Col. Bosques de las Lomas
05120 Mexico City,
Phone +52 55 91 77 54 00
Fax +52 55 91 77 54 54
Ms. Lídice Vázquez Chavolla